Do you have forest land that you want to protect for future generations, and manage for the purpose of CO2 sequestration? If so, Carbonland Trust is here to help you take part in the carbon marketplace. Please check out our land stewardship requirements and fill out the form to let us know about the forest land you would like to conserve.
Carbonland Trust Stewardship Requirements:
1. Property must be owned free and clear of mortgages and liens, or the funds raised from putting the land in the trust must be used to pay off debts on the property.
2. No living trees on the land can be cut down or harvested for the 100-year term of the trust.
3. Dead trees and wood debris must be cleared out to prevent fires.
4. Land must be maintained so that it is accessible and can be walked through.
5. Steward must report starting metrics of the makeup of the forest, and update the report yearly.
Fill out the form below to learn more about taking part in Carbonland Trust